Kelly was born in Tennessee and grew up in the Tampa Bay Area. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and English from The University of Florida in 2009. Kelly later attended The University of Alabama School of Law, where she was Student Note Editor of the Alabama Civil Rights and Civil Liberties Law Review. During her time in law school, Kelly enjoyed helping the community by volunteering at The Habitat for Humanity Wills Clinic and at the animal shelter.
Prior to joining LeavenLaw, Kelly worked at a law firm in Brandon, FL, where she assisted consumers with filing bankruptcy and defending lawsuits from credit card companies and debt buyers. Today, Kelly primarily practices Credit Card Defense and protecting consumers from creditor harassment.
- The University of Florida, B.A. (English, Criminology, 2009)
- Cum laude
- Florida Blue Key
- Phi Beta Kappa
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D. (Certificate for Public Interest, 2013)
- Student Notes Editor, Alabama Rights and Civil Liberties Law Review
- Secretary, Law and Economics Society
- Order of Samaritan
- Student Pro Bono Award
- Dean’s Community Service Award
- United States Attorney’s Office, Criminal Division, Legal Intern
- United States Trustee’s Office, Legal Intern
- The Golden Law Group, Associate
Down the Rabbit Hole: A story of Unaccompanied Children Being Alone, Confused and On Trial, 7 Ala. C.L.L.Rev. (October 2016)